YPLP Learning Support Assistant - Boston
Lincolnshire County Council is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to give additional learning and/or behaviour support to learners, aged 16-24 at our Boston site. You will be expected to support learners one a 1:1 basis, in a small group, in the community and in a classroom environment.
About the role:
- Working with learners on a 1:1 basis and in small groups, classroom environment or at times in the community to provide support with additional and behavioural needs
- Supporting a tutor to effectively deliver sessions
- Liaising with parents/carers, other staff members and a range of external agencies
- Facilitating the implementation of the young person's EHCP
- Is able to inspire and motivate learners
- Can work in a flexible and supportive manner to respond to the challenging demands of working within a small education provision
- Has experience of supporting young people with challenging behaviour and/or learning needs
- Can recognise that young people need to develop their independence in order to progress
- Experience of working with challenging young people would be advantageous.
About the team:
The Young People's Learning Provision (YPLP) is a service, provided by Lincolnshire County Council's Children's Services to offer alternative education to young people aged 16-24. YPLP offers young people Study Programmes, Traineeships and Supported Internships on a roll on roll basis in 7 sites across Lincolnshire: Boston, Bourne, Grantham, Lincoln, Louth, Ruskington, Skegness and Spalding
About the Council:
Lincolnshire County Council is one of the largest county councils in the UK and we are ambitious for both the people who work here and the residents of our county. We care about our staff so we want to offer you a competitive salary, generous holidays, excellent benefits package and access to our pension scheme. It is important to us that you have an excellent work/life balance and the opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills in a supportive Local Authority setting where no two days are ever the same!
At the heart of Lincolnshire is Lincoln City; famous for its stunning cathedral and impressive castle, which still functions as a court dispensing justice as it has for over 900 years. The medieval quarter is a great contrast to the lively and youthful feel of this vibrant University City. The county's historic market towns are steeped in history and brimming with life, our vibrant coast and areas of outstanding natural beauty make Lincolnshire the perfect place for your next career move.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Emma Bird on 07887821225
All candidates are advised to read the attached job information pack prior to making an application.
On occasion we receive significantly more applications than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We operate a 'Silver Medallist' talent pool scheme whereby candidates who are not successful on this occasion may be considered for a period of up to 3 months for similar positions.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.