An opportunity has arisen within the Transport Services Group for an enthusiastic and adaptable individual. The Group is responsible for the procurement and management of transport services across the whole county as well as delivering various projects to improve the travel and access options for the people of Lincolnshire.
Working within the Client Services Team the post holder will be actively involved in the commissioning, delivery, reviewing, coordination and promotion of transport services and related project work. Main duties will include:
- Assisting with the procurement of passenger transport services;
- Maintaining evaluative passenger transport related databases including SEATS and contracts and tendering as well as incident reporting involving the Max Respect initiative;
- Assisting with contract and day-to-day administration, invoice ratification, contractor performance issues, pupil conduct issues, and the tendering and procurement process;
- Liaising with contractors, suppliers, schools, parents, members of the public and other Directorates, on a broad range of operational requirements and to obtain information to assist line management decision making and provide information and guidance on operational transport issues;
- Assisting with transport reviews and the collection and analysis of information.
The Transport Services Group requires resourceful and committed members of staff to help deliver cost effective services in the area of Home to School/College, Local Bus and Social Care passenger transport.
Possessing excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive issues within a busy office environment are essential. The successful candidate will be a team player with good organisational and IT skills who is able to consistently deliver a high standard of customer care.
Please note, previous applicants need not apply.
For more information, or an informal discussion about the role, please contact Samantha Flacks on 01522 553154
All candidates are advised to read the attached job information pack prior to making an application.
On occasion we receive significantly more applications than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We operate a 'Silver Medallist' talent pool scheme whereby candidates who are not successful on this occasion may be considered for a period of up to 3 months for similar positions.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.