Team Manager Leaving Care - Barnardos
Lincolnshire County Council are advertising this vacancy of behalf of Barnardo's.
Barnardo's works in partnership with Lincolnshire County Council to deliver its Leaving Care Service for young people aged 16-25.
Our last OFSTED inspection achieved an ‘Outstanding' grade for the service we provide to Children in Care and Care Leavers.
We are currently looking to recruit a Team Manager who will be based at our Lincoln office we are happy to consider applications from candidates wishing to work part or full time hours.
There is an expectation that Team Managers will be required to travel across the region and where the service need requires.
You will be joining an established management team who will be able to offer peer support and mentoring.
Initial Specific Responsibilities
Barnardo's have been delivering the Leaving Care Contract on behalf of Lincolnshire County Council for a number of years and following a successful re-commissioning Barnardo's will continue working in partnership with the County Council. Within service we not only have dedicated Leaving Care Workers we also have developed specialist services in relation to developing accommodation and supported lodgings specialists alongside workers helping with education, employment and training. We also have a dedicated senior project worker who leads on group participation, quality assurance and signs of safety across the service and we have some exciting developments in relation to creating a new jointly commissioned specialist mental health post and the joint development of a new housing scheme for Care Leavers.
It's an exciting time to join the service as we extend our provision for 16-25 year old Care Leavers. We're looking for candidates with drive and determination who understands about working with looked after children and care leavers.
- The post holder must be a qualified Social Worker and registered to practice via Social Work England.
- Experience of chairing meetings, working in partnership with other agencies and staff supervision / mentoring is essential.
- Experience of working with Looked after Children and Care Leavers is essential.
- Experience of working with the Signs of Safety programme is desirable.
- Knowledge of managing high risk cases and recognizing safeguarding issues is essential.
- Performance Management, allocation and auditing skills form a significant part of the role.
- Use of IT is significant and candidates must be able to use and maintain client record systems.
- Barnardo's has an excellent flexible working policy, which helps to promote a healthy working environment. There are excellent training opportunities across Barnardo's and also via the Lincolnshire Safeguarding Partnership.
- Applications will be considered for both full and part time / job share hours.
Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore are open to offering flexible working arrangements.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document (if applicable). This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and male candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.