Teaching Assistant Level 1 - Pastoral
Poplar Farm Primary School, Helmsley Road, Grantham, NG31 8XF
Pastoral Teaching Assistant Level 1
Salary – Grade 3.6 £9,425 (FTE £18,065)
20 hours per week
Term time only (39 weeks per year) – Permanent Contract
Require to start 1 September 2020
Poplar Farm School is part of CIT (Community Inclusive Trust). It is a brand new purpose-built primary school that opened in September 2018 with its first intake.
The School is looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support pupil learning and development.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing nurture group support for children
- Motivating and encouraging pupils
- Supporting children with social, emotional and behavioural issues
- Providing support across a range of child centred activities to promote child development and learning
- Offering 1-1, paired and group sessions to children, depending on their needs
- Signposting children and families to appropriate services and support outside of school where needed, including completing EHA’s and attending relevant support meetings.
- Supporting vulnerable children at lunchtime through a bespoke club
In return, we offer:
- supportive staff and Governors with a proven track record in developing staff;
- the opportunity to gain further professional development, and
- the chance to make a difference with huge rewards.
Application packs are also available via email to Louise Dell (email@example.com).
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 12 noon on Thursday 4 June 2020
Please return completed application forms to
E-Mail to Louise Dell firstname.lastname@example.org or
Post to the CIT HR Dept, Poplar Farm Primary School, Helmsley Road, Grantham, NG31 8XF.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health/Public Health Guidelines
CIT Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to references and an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.