Teaching Assistant - Enhanced X2
Sir Francis Hill Primary School, Bristol Drive, Lincoln LN6 7UE
Salary: Grade 3 Point 6 - 9 (pro rata, equated pay)
Job Type: Teaching Assistant
Location: Sir Francis Hill Primary School, Lincoln
Contract Type: Temporary to start asap
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated Enhanced Support Teaching Assistants, to work in our growing school, to support a pupil with ASD diagnosis and English as an Additional Language,
These posts will be as follows, and will be based in Foundation Stage (Reception)
Mornings: 9:00 am-12.30 pm - 17.5 hours
Afternoons: 12.30 pm- 3.30 pm - 15 hours
The school invites applications from experienced teaching assistants who can demonstrate:
- a commitment to education and development of children so that they can all reach their full potential
- experience of working with children on a 1:1 and small group basis
- a good understanding of the strategies that work with children who have an ASD diagnosis
- a good understanding of the strategies that work with children who have English as an Additional Language
- an ability to work on your own initiative and, at times, under pressure
- an excellent standard of English (including spoken English) and Maths is essential in this post
- excellent interpersonal skills in order to work alongside our growing staff and to work across a year group and Key Stage group
- the ability to liaise with the parents/other staff/external agencies
We can offer you:
- happy, caring and hard-working children
- a happy working environment, where staff retention is high
- hard working, dedicated team of colleagues to work with
- a job where ‘no two days are the same’
Visits to the school are usually strongly encouraged, however given the current situation these can be arranged by requesting access to our virtual tour.
Further information and an application form can be obtained from Mrs. Suzanne Prior, Business Manager,
by sending an email to email@example.com or
from the school website at www.sir-francis-hill.lincs.sch.uk
Closing Date: 30th September 2020
Interviews: 7th October 2020
Dependent on current circumstances, these may be arranged by video conference.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should note that this post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance and be aware that written references will be taken up at shortlisting stage, prior to interview.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.