Nettleham Infant and Nursery School, All Saints Lane, Nettleham, Lincoln LN2 2NT
We wish to appoint an outstanding teaching assistant to work in our Early Years Foundation Stage.
An exciting opportunity to join our teaching team at Nettleham. We are committed to improving academic outcomes for all children including those in vulnerable groups. We are currently seeking candidates with the appropriate attributes and skills to support us in our shared goal of providing an outstanding service to all children.
The successful candidate will have a track record in improving educational outcomes and supporting children and young people to overcome barriers to learning and fulfil their potential. You will be confident and hold the highest of expectations demonstrated through challenging and advocating for the best learning opportunities for our children and young people. You should be able to adapt planning to support the children’s needs and be able to deliver small group work where necessary.
You will also have high level written and verbal communication skills and also have experience of working within the education sector.
We need someone who:
- Has a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of child development
- Relevant and recent experience of working in Early Years
- Can support pupils’ social and emotional needs
- Can work as part of a team
- Is able to deliver learning support planned by the teacher to small groups of children
- Is able to plan ‘in the moment’, drawing on children’s interests and extend their learning during continuous provision
- Is creative and who has experience of contributing ideas to an Early Years learning environment
- Can recognise that children need to develop independence to allow them to build on life skills
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic and well behaved children who love learning
- A highly committed, caring and supportive early years team
- A happy, friendly and supportive working environment
- Opportunities for continued professional development
We look forward to hearing from you and visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged.
If you would like to join our happy team and would like to work in our wonderful school, please contact Mrs Belinda Wheelhouse, School Administrator by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 01522 750964, for an application pack.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: 18 June 2021
Interviews to be held on 23 June 2021
Nettleham Infant School and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.