Great Ponton Church of England Primary School, Great Ponton Nr Grantham NG33 5DT
Teaching Assistant with Pastoral responsibility
Hours per Week - 25 hrs
Salary - G3.6
Contract - 1 year contract initially
Commencing September 2021
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative Teaching Assistant to join our hardworking, professional and supportive team.
- To respond to pastoral issues arising throughout the school day in liaison with the rest of the pastoral team.
- To provide a point of contact for parents, carers and children
- To work alongside additional pastoral and safeguarding colleagues to support the wellbeing of students.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To support the learning of children
- To support the improvement of attendance of children
- To offer help and guidance to children at risk of internal isolation
- To develop and utilise strategies in an attempt to modify and improve behaviours
- To improve relationships between children, their peers and staff
- To keep appropriate records of pastoral support offered to children for their individual records
- To complete staff training in line with Safeguarding Lead expectations
- Support teaching and promote learning, explaining and adapting work, prompting and encouraging students
- Attend and contribute to joint planning meetings with teaching staff to agree expectations and requirements
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
To receive an application pack or to arrange a visit please contact us on 01476 530306 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 23:57 Friday 18 June 2021
Interviews held week beginning Monday 21 June 2021
Great Ponton Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.