Newton on Trent Church of England Primary School, High Street, Newton on Trent, Lincs LN1 2JS
20 hours over five days although this can be negotiated. Term time only.
Grade 3 £18,065 - £19,171 pro-rata (equated pay)
We are a small village primary school, with a distinctive family, caring environment with only 53 pupils on roll. We are looking to appoint a new member into our staff team to carry out a range of duties, varying from small group work interventions, to supporting individual children with their learning in line with their EHCP.
We are looking for someone who:
- has excellent standards of numeracy and literacy
- works in a calm, supportive and caring manner and demonstrates persistence and patience at all times
- has an understanding of teaching phonics, literacy and numeracy strategies
- ideally has experience of delivering learning intervention programmes with small groups of children
- has good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- is able to deliver learning support planned by the teacher and SENCO
- can work as part of a team
- will consistently act as a role model for all of our children
- has experience of working with children with social, communication or behavioural needs
- is potentially interested in progression to Level 2 Teaching Assistant status in the future
The successful applicant will:
- be committed to the role
- communicate effectively with pupils, parents, staff, and other professionals
- have a sense of humour, lots of energy, and a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- want to make learning exciting and fun
- show a willingness to 'go the extra mile', and get involved in the wider life of the school, including being flexible with hours where required
- be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- want to learn and develop their existing skills
- accompany children on off-site activities which enhance learning and development
- assist at playtimes and lunchtimes as required
Application packs are available from Mrs Alison Hemsley, Senior Administrator. Contact 01777 228365 or email@example.com. Visits to the school are welcome, and encouraged. Please contact Mrs Hemsley to arrange. Visits will be socially distanced to reduce transmission of Covid19.
Closing date for applications: 09:00 am Friday 2nd October 2020.
Interviews will be held during the morning of Thursday 15th October2020.
Please ensure the contact details you give for referees are current and accurate.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Newton on Trent Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should note that this post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance and medical checks.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.