Teaching Assistant 1:1
East Wold Church Of England Primary School, Station Road, Legbourne, LN11 8LD
1:1 Teaching Assistant
G3 (Point 6 - 9) £18,812- £19,948 pro rata Actual annual salary (£9,857 —£10,452)
Hours per week - 20 hours per week Mon 9.30 am—1.30 pm, Tue 9.30 am—3.00pm, Thu 9.00 am — 3.15 pm , Fri 9:00 am — 3.15 pm
39 weeks of the year
We are looking for a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to support a child in Year 3 with a diagnosis of ASD and ADHD.
The successful candidate would need to:
- support a smooth transition into school and encourage independence.
- encourage and facilitate positive interaction with other children.
- work under the direction of the class teacher and modify work to suit the child’s needs.
- encourage active participation in all learning.
- provide enhanced learning opportunities for over learning eg spelling and multiplication tables.
- be able to support positive playtime experiences with other pupils.
- be able to deliver restorative conferencing when appropriate.
- create, and use, Social Stories/Comic Strip Cartoons.
- work with outside agencies, such as The Pupil Reintegration Team.
- assess the child’s learning against Individual Education Plan and Education, Health and Care Plan targets.
If you would like to work in a Federation of schools that is committed to providing children with an ‘outstanding’ learning experience, aims to continually develop and grow, and where teamwork and the professional development of all staff is important, we would love to hear from you.
As a small rural school, we offer a caring and friendly school environment.
We can offer:
- Polite, enthusiastic, hardworking children.
- Friendly and supportive staff who are committed to enhancing the learning and progress of our children.
- A welcoming family atmosphere and caring ethos based on Church School Values.
- Pleasant, rural village schools, with supportive parents.
Further information and an application form is available from and should be returned to: Mrs C Owen, Bursar,
East Wold CE Primary School, Station Road, Legbourne, Louth, LN11 8LD;
Telephone 01507 610060.
An application form can also be downloaded from our website – www.east-wold.lincs.sch.uk
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 Midday on Thursday 24 June 2021.
Interviews will be held Tuesday 6 July 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Children Barred list and medical checks and the ability to converse at ease with people and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.