Teaching Assistant 1:1
Mrs Mary King's C of E (Controlled) Primary School, Moor Lane, Martin, Lincoln, LN4 3RB
1:1 Teaching Assistant
Start Date - September 2021
Hours per week 30 hours 8.50 am – 3.25 pm Monday to Friday
Mrs Mary King’s Church of England Primary School is a small rural school situated in the village of Martin between Woodhall Spa and Metheringham.
The school is part of the Carrdyke Federation and was judged good by Ofsted in February 2018.
We wish to appoint a 1 to 1 Teaching Assistant to work with a bright enthusiastic, Key Stage Two, year four child with Treacher Collins Syndrome.
This is to cover maternity leave starting in November 2021, however in order to allow for training, the job will start in September as a temporary contract until the maternity leave begins.
Ideally, the successful candidate should be available to start some initial training during August and will be remunerated for this time.
We are looking for
- a warm caring individual who can offer an excellent level of support,
- be sensitive to the child, and foster their independence.
- The successful applicant will need to be able to support the child with both learning and medical care.
The child has a tracheostomy, and their medical needs mean that the teaching assistant will need to assume a high level of responsibility for their safety.
The successful candidate will be given extensive training and ongoing support by the child’s mother and medical professionals.
Until the post holder is fully trained and their competence signed off by the tracheostomy nurse the child’s mother will remain in school as primary carer.
The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator and have the ability to work cooperatively within a team environment. Mrs Mary King’s offers a small village school environment, with well-behaved children and dedicated staff.
The post will involve:
- Maintaining the child’s tracheostomy using a suction machine.
- Attending training as required to meet child’s needs
- Learning how to carry out an emergency tracheostomy change and meeting other specific medical needs.
- Developing the child’s social and communication skills and ensuring they build positive relationships with their peers.
- Helping the class teacher to adapt learning to meet their needs.
- Promoting the development of language and literacy in all areas of the curriculum
- Daily handover to child’s parent.
- Responsibility for delivery and planning to meet targets within education plans.
- Attending and contributing to review meetings
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged to be Covid compliant. Anyone wishing to visit should contact the Mrs Nicholson the school administrator: email@example.com Tel 01526378330
Closing Date: 5 July 2021.
Interviews will take place on the 8 July 2021
Mrs Mary King’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding, the successful candidate will require and enhanced DBS check.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.