Teaching Assistant 1:1
Woodlands Infant and Nursery School, Whitethorn Grove, Lincoln LN6 0PF
This is a temporary fixed term role connected to a pupil with an Education Health Care Plan and will continue whilst the child remains at the school.
Hours: 32.5 hours per week (39 weeks per year).
Salary: TA1 Grade 3 (pt. 6-9)
Experience of working within a school is preferred. A minimum of a Level 4 (C), or equivalent, in Maths and English is an expectation. A willingness to try a variety of strategies, as well as the ability to work and communicate effectively with staff and a range of adults is essential. Candidates should be hardworking, honest and reliable and have the best interests of the pupils at the core of everything they do.
The successful candidate will be working with a child with additional needs in our Reception Class from September 2021. The child has a diagnosis of Bilateral Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder. Previous experience of supporting children with hearing difficulties is preferable but not essential. The Teaching Assistant will be provided with the appropriate training required to best support the child and a willingness to undertake such training to support the child is essential.
- Support the child with their learning activities, attend to any additional learning needs and support their overall development
- Follow strategies and provision outlined in the child's Education Health and Care Plan
- Run small intervention groups to support the development of effective communication for the child through the use of PECS and Makaton
- Contribute to the health and well-being of the child
- Monitor and assess progress and feed back to professionals, staff and parents and work collaboratively with specialist teachers
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual children and groups
- Be an effective role model for pupil behaviour and apply and use strategies for positive behaviour in line with the school behaviour policy
- Willingness to undertake additional training to ensure good understanding on how to build language and basic vocabulary skills and supporting the child to apply these through play and direct teaching
Application packs are available by contacting Nicola Davis on Nicola.email@example.com
Closing Date: 15:00 Tuesday 18 May 2021
Interview Date to be confirmed
The Birchwood Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and Prohibition Order check. References will be taken prior to interview.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.