Teaching Assistant 1:1
Woodlands Infant and Nursery School, Whitethorn Grove, Lincoln, LN6 0PF
This is a fixed term role connected to a pupil with an Education Health Care Plan.
Hours: 27 hours (39 weeks per year).
Salary: TA1 Grade 3 (pt 6-9)
Experience of working within a school is preferred. A willingness to try a variety of strategies as well as the ability to work as part of our friendly team is essential. Candidates should be hardworking, honest and reliable and have the best interests of the pupils at the core of everything they do.
The successful candidate will be working with a child with additional needs in one of our Reception classes. The child has a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Previous experience of supporting children with Autism is preferable but not essential.
The teaching assistant will be provided with the appropriate training required to best support the child.
- support the child with their learning activities, attend to any additional learning needs and support their overall development;
- follow strategies and provision outlined in the child's Education Health and Care Plan
- support the development of effective communication for the child through the use of PECS and Makaton
- Implement strategies in line with ABA therapy and SCERTS
- contribute to the health and well-being of the child
- work collaboratively with specialist teachers
- establish and maintain relationships with individual children and groups
- be an effective role model for pupil behaviour
Closing Date: 24/09/2020 at 12:00 noon
Interview Date: 01/10/2020
For further information and an application form please visit our website www.woodlands-infants.co.uk or email Nicola Davis, School Business Manager at Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.