Teaching Assistant 1:1
Manor Leas Junior Academy, Hykeham Road, Lincoln, LN6 8BE
The governors and Headteacher of Manor Leas Junior Academy are looking to recruit a One to One Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible.
Salary: Grade 3, Point 6 (£18,065 pa, pro- rata – pay award pending)
Hours: 20 Hours per week - term time only, temporary contract (31/08/20201)
The Teaching Assistant will assist the class teacher with the participation of the pupil in the social and academic processes of the school, enabling the pupil to become more independent. The TA will also assist with behaviour strategies and implementation to ensure that the pupil has a consistent approach to behaviour management.
We are a friendly school, with a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating, located off Hykeham Road in Lincoln. We have 300 children currently on roll and are KS2 only.
Experience of working within a school is preferred, along with knowledge of behaviour strategies, ASD, de-escalation and demand avoidance.A willingness to try a variety of strategies as well as the ability to work as part of our friendly team is essential. Candidates should be hardworking, honest and reliable and have the best interests of the pupils at the core of everything they do.
- Support the pupils with their learning activities, attending to any additional learning needs, and helping with their development;
- Help with the general care and support of pupils within the school;
- Contribute to the health and well-being of pupils within the school;
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual pupils and groups;
- Be an effective model for pupil behaviour.
Support for the teacher
- Help with classroom resources and records;
- Contribute to the management of pupils' behaviour, both in the classroom and on the playground, as required;
- Support the school curriculum;
- Provide support for learning activities;
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom;
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe environment for pupils and staff;
- Assist in the presentation of display materials;
- Support teaching staff or senior colleagues with routine administration.
Support for the school
- Monitor effective working relationships with colleagues and parents;
- Contribute to the maintenance of pupils' safety and security;
- Review and develop their own professional practice;
- Recognise confidentiality, child protection procedures, Health & Safety, and the policies of the Governing Body and the LEA.
An application form can be requested by emailing Nicky.Hodgson@manor-leas-junior.lincs.sch.uk, along with any enquiries relating to the role.
Alternatively an application form can be downloaded from the academy website – www.manor-leas-junior.lincs.sch.uk.
Closing Date: 9:00 am Thursday 8th October 2020
Interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing 12th October 2020.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.