Teaching Assistant 1:1
Gedney Church End Primary School, Church End, Gedney, Spalding, Lincolnshire. PE12 0BU
Federation of Lutton St Nicholas and Gedney Church End Primary Schools
Contract Type: Temporary
Working Pattern: 5 days – 8:45am to 2:15pm (25 hours)
Start: September 1st 2020 – Term Time Only
Salary: Grade 3, Points 6-9 - £18,065 Pro Rata (£11,833)
Employment Location: Gedney Church End Primary School
We are a federation of two small schools who work closely together. We wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work with a child on a 1:1 basis and as part of our team, based at Gedney Church End Primary School. We are looking for somebody with commitment, energy and drive to join our team and work closely with staff to provide positive learning experiences for a statemented child.
This post is suitable for experienced or recently qualified candidates.
We expect the successful candidate to:
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for a child with an EHCP
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
- Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils
- Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
- Work well as part of a team
- Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom
In return you will receive:
- Excellent professional development
- The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues
- A supportive and challenging environment
- Pupils who are eager to learn and a credit to the school
- Supportive parents
Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 situation visits to the school are not feasible; though please do ensure that you check out our websites.
Candidates shortlisted will receive notification of interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, however, if you would like to know the outcome of your application, then please contact the school to speak to Mr Scott Pearson on 01406 363392.
Closing Date: Monday 8th June 12:00 noon
Short listing: Monday 8th June 2:30 pm
Online Interviews: Wednesday 10th June
Please send your completed application form and covering letter (no more than two sides) to:
or send to:
Lutton St Nicholas Primary School, Marriotts Gate, Spalding, Lincolnshire. PE12 9HN
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring check via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.