Teaching Assistant 1:1
Mrs Mary King’s Primary School, Linwood Road, Martin, Lincoln LN4 3RA
TA 1:1 starting September 2020
Salary: G3 30 hours a week hours of work 8.50 am – 3.25pm daily.
Mrs Mary King’s Church of England Primary School is a small rural school situated in the village of Martin between Woodhall Spa and Metheringham.
The school is part of the Carrdyke Federation and was judged good by Ofsted in February 2018.
We wish to appoint a 1 to 1 Teaching Assistant to work with a bright enthusiastic, Key Stage Two, year three child with Treacher Collins Syndrome.
We are looking for a warm caring individual who can offer an exceptional level of support, be sensitive to the child, and foster their independence.
The successful applicant will need to be able to support the child with both learning and medical care. They will ideally have British Sign Language skills or be willing to undertake training to learn it. The child has a tracheostomy, and their medical needs mean that the teaching assistant will need to assume a high level of responsibility for their safety. The successful candidate will be given extensive training and ongoing support by medical professionals.
This is a permanent post until the child leaves the school.
The school will give consideration to people who wish to do this as part of a job share.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to progress their career working within special educational needs support. The post has arisen from the current post holder gaining promotion. There will be opportunity for the successful candidate to spend time with the current post holder to ensure a good transition during the summer term.
The post will involve:
- Communicating with the child using BSL and developing their use of sign language, with whole school approach
- Maintaining the child’s tracheostomy using a suction machine.
- Attending training as required to meet child’s needs
- Learning how to carry out an emergency tracheostomy change and meeting other specific medical needs.
- Developing the child’s social and communication skills and ensuring they build positive relationships with their peers.
- Helping the class teacher to adapt learning to meet their needs.
- Promoting the development of language and literacy in all areas of or the curriculum
- Daily handover to child’s parent.
- Responsibility for delivery and planning to meet targets within education plans.
- Attending and contributing to review meetings
Mrs Mary King’s is committed to safeguarding; the successful candidate will require and enhanced DBS with barred check.
Closing Date: Noon 19th June 2020
Due to current restrictions in place due to Covid-19, there may be some delay in interviews being undertaken.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health/NHS Guidelines.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.