Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Welbourn Church of England Primary School, High Street, Welbourn, Lincoln LN5 0NH
Required for Week beginning 25th January 2021 Class Teacher
- Temporary (Covering Maternity Leave)
- Part time (0.7) Teaching every morning and 2 afternoons
- Main pay scale M1 – M6
Status – Local Authority Maintained Church of England Primary School
Our Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner to join our school from January 2021. We have a class teacher vacancy to cover Maternity Leave for a mixed Year 2/3 Class.
At Welbourn C of E Primary School, it is our privilege to nurture and inspire each other to be considerate, hard-working and creative; reaching our potential in a loving school community.
We do this by:
- Providing a stimulating and enriching curriculum, tailored to meet the needs of all learners
- Continuously setting high expectations required to strive for personal excellence.
- Providing nurture and security, reflected in a caring Christian ethos.
- Affording creative opportunity, enabling children to flourish in art, music and drama
- Encouraging teamwork and respect; governors, staff and children working together in our school and wider community.
- Valuing each individual, ensuring that each child’s unique qualities are developed and they receive the education they deserve.
- Unlocking the potential in each individual and developing academic skills needed for lifelong learning, including ingenuity, problem-solving and curiosity.
- Fostering a positive atmosphere in developing essential emotional skills, including aspiration, perseverance, and independence.
At the heart of all we do, we strive to make our children’s experiences of primary school enriching, engaging, successful, happy and fun.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Plan, teach and deliver high quality sequences of learning
- Have high expectations of teaching and pupil achievement
- Demonstrate that they are excellent and enthusiastic classroom practitioners
- Actively contribute to the development of the school and their own practice
- Will offer subject leadership of a core subject
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with pupils and staff;
- A drive to ensure children achieve their potential;
- The ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- A willingness to learn and develop existing skills;
- A sense of humour;
- A willingness to ‘go the extra mile;
- Strong career aspirations.
In return, we will provide:
- Happy, enthusiastic children who are willing to learn;
- Excellent professional development;
- A very strong and supportive team of colleagues;
- A caring Church School ethos.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and operate Enhanced DBS safeguarding procedures in accordance with our safeguarding policies.
Applicants are advised that they will be required to comply with these procedures as part of any recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 12:00 noon Monday 7th December 2020
Interviews will be held via video conferencing on: Monday 14th December 2020
Please visit our school website where you will find more information
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.