Kidgate Primary Academy, Kidgate, Louth, Lincolnshire. LN11 9BX.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking Site Manager who will be responsible for the overview, management and development of the premises and school site. The successful applicant will also be responsible for the organisation and supervision of all site maintenance and services including the cleaning staff and external contractors in order to maintain a healthy and safe environment for pupils, staff and other users of the premises.
This is a vital role in the daily running of our school, ensuring that the site is safe and well-maintained and that our facilities provide exceptional opportunities for learning, both inside and out. As a school, we highly value this responsible position and we require a team player who has high standards, takes pride in their work and has a hands-on approach to planned and unplanned tasks.
It is expected that the successful applicant can undertake a range of maintenance work as agreed with your line manager, e.g. minor plumbing, carpentry, light bulb change, unblocking of drains, repairing furniture, decorating, litter picks, gritting, sweeping etc. The Site Manager will be responsible for the day to day cleanliness of the premises inside and out and will undertake cleaning duties where required including collecting/assembling waste for collection and receiving deliveries of goods/equipment.
The Site Manager would also be responsible for the premises outside of normal working hours with regard to locking/unlocking and any additional cleaning after events, setting of security alarm systems, carrying out security checks and responding to emergency calls.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- the opportunity to work in a school with a dedicated and supportive team of colleagues who strive for the very best at all times
- supportive leadership that will contribute to your professional development
- the opportunity to demonstrate initiative and think proactively
- opportunities to plan, develop and enhance the school site
- a fantastic school and working environment
We welcome applicants who:
- have working knowledge of facility management
- are hardworking, honest, dependable and self-motivated
- can identify issues using their own initiative and work systematically and independently to solve problems
- have practical maintenance and DIY skills
- have a good understanding of Health and Safety procedures as they relate to school premises, including Fire Safety Law and COSHH regulations
- are able to liaise with external contractors and organise schedules of work
- have the ability to carry out effective risk assessments
- are conscientious, methodical and a good record keeper
- have good computer skills e.g. excel, word, outlook
- are reasonably fit, as this is a physical role involving lifting and carrying, working both indoors and outdoors in all weathers
- have excellent communication and organisational skills
- are capable of establishing good working relationships with staff, pupils and parents
- have a collaborative and open approach to teamwork
- can be flexible in their approach to planning the working day
- are hard-working and proactive in keeping our school site safe and attractive
- will act as a key holder, including call out for the alarm or for any work being carried out by contractors (emergency call outs are considered to be part of the duties of the role)
- are committed to developing an exciting and nurturing learning environment
- have the ability to manage day to day cleaning staff with support from the School Business manager
We are proud of our school and would welcome your application if you are ready to play an active and dynamic role at Kidgate as part of our dedicated team.
Visits to Kidgate Primary Academy are strongly encouraged; appointments are available between Tuesday 10th September until Thursday 19th September 2019.
To arrange a visit or request an application pack, please contact Mrs Sharon Scaman, Business Support, on 01507 603636 or email email@example.com.
Kidgate Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants should note that this post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance, medical checks and references taken before interview.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.