(SERCO) Customer Service Advisor
Location: Lincolnshire County Council, CSC Corporate Hub, Lincolnshire
Fixed term contract for 12 months
Full time (37 hours) Monday to Friday with an occasional Saturday shift
Salary: £15,930 - £17,000
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
To provide a helpful, professional & efficient contact handling experience to all customers contacting the Customer Service Centre; using the appropriate IT systems within a PCI compliant environment.
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience to all customers that contact the Customer Service Centre, regardless of contact method.
- Strive to achieve your individual and team objectives and KPI targets
- Identify areas of improvement and bring these to the attention of your Team Leader.
- Through effective questioning and fact finding, gather the information from the customer and record accurately on the appropriate IT system.
- Process contact enquiries and/or signpost customers; using specific IT systems and service scripting as detailed on the CRM system.
- Ensure all customers are dealt with courteously, fairly and without prejudice, including where necessary, networking with 3rd party organisations to support non-English speaking customers.
- Identify and prioritise urgent contacts and respond appropriately without delay, ensuring all actions within the job remit are fulfilled.
- Control all customer contact to ensure all relevant information is obtained in the most time efficient manner, whilst showing empathy
- and understanding to the customer's concerns.
- Ensure service area knowledge is kept up to date by attending training as directed by your line manager and as agreed in annual appraisals.
- Build relationships with colleagues, clients, professionals and 3rd party organisations as appropriate, to promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Respond positively to change and take a flexible approach to all aspects of work.
- Comply to the Customer Service centre's PCI data security standards and protocols.
- Systems and equipment
- Contact centre telephony system
- In house CRM system
- Service specific IT systems
- English and maths GCSE or equivalent or proven literacy and numeracy skills
- Relevant level 2, or above Customer Service qualification; Institute of Customer Service Award, NVQ in Customer Service or similar.
- At least one year in either a face to face or telephone customer service
- Competent in Microsoft office applications, word, excel and outlook.
- Experience of working in a public service environment is desirable.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 (select option 1) as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.