Second in English
John Spendluffe Technology College, Hanby Lane, Alford, LN13 9PQ
Second in English
Required for September 2021
MPS + TLR 2b
Not suitable for NQTs
We are seeking to appoint, for September 2021, an experienced and enthusiastic English teacher who is looking to develop leadership knowledge, skills and expertise through a TLR role as Second in Department. You will be eager for every opportunity to assist in leading our strong English team for the benefit of our precious students.
We are looking for
- A teacher who can teach across the ability and age range
- An excellent practitioner with a passion for teaching English
- A team player who relishes opportunities to collaborate with colleagues
- Aspiration and ambition for a future career in middle leadership
- Relentless ambition for all students and total belief in their capabilities
- A confident colleague who motivates, inspires and enables staff and students
We can offer you
- A friendly and highly supportive working atmosphere
- Career development opportunities
- Continuing professional development, including National Professional Qualifications
- Collaborative planning with shared schemes of learning and resources
- An emphasis on coaching to support professional development
- A strong culture of wellbeing which embraces personalised care of staff and students
- Cooperative students and a well-managed behaviour system
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Please contact the Headteacher’s Secretary for an application form, application pack and further information by emailing email@example.com or direct telephone 01507 464308. Alternatively application packs are available on the JSTC website.
Closing Date: 23:57 on Wednesday 21 April 2021
Interviews: Friday 30 April 2021
JSTC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people in their care. We expect all of our staff, governors contractors and volunteers to share this commitment.
All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Disclosure. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to adhere to this process.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.