Science Technician KS3
King Edward VI Grammar School, Edward Street, Louth, LN11 9LL
ing Edward VI Grammar School (converted to Academy in September 2015) is seeking to appoint a KS3 (Y7 & 8) Science Technician. The position is for 32 hours per week, and for 40 weeks per year (term time plus 2 additional weeks). Hours and days of work can be flexible following discussion with the Director of Science. Salary will be grade KE3 - £15,075
Key Responsibilities: To include but not be limited to the following:
- The timely preparation of apparatus for class practicals and demonstrations, including the preparation of chemicals and materials.
- The setting up of the above equipment and the support of teaching staff during practical lessons as directed by the member of staff
- The prompt clearing away and cleaning of apparatus following class practicals
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment in good working order and organisation of its storage.
- Photocopying as requested by members of staff
- Keeping the laboratories supplied with sets of basic equipment and the storage areas clean and tidy.
- In conjunction with the Senior Technician or Director of Science, ensuring that safe storage legislation and Health and Safety advice is followed and that hazardous materials are disposed of safely.
- Performing other reasonable duties required by the Senior technician or Director of Science, which might be needed from time to time to ensure the smooth, efficient running of the department.
- To trial practicals, to ensure safe and appropriate procedures for teachers and pupils
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills are essential
- High levels of accuracy
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- A commitment to a safe and caring environment for children
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Positivity in attitude to work
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new skills
To apply, please email a completed Support Staff Application Form along with the Equal Opportunities Form to firstname.lastname@example.org Application Forms can be found on our website at www.kevigs.org/vacancies/
The closing date for applications is 23:57 on Saturday 31st October 2020
Applications will be considered on receipt and therefore interviews could be arranged before the final closing date.
King Edward VI Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a full Enhanced Disclosure check and references will be taken up before interview.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.