PE and Sports Apprentice
Uffington CE Primary School, School Lane, Uffington, Stamford. Lincolnshire. PE9 4SU
The governors of Uffington CE Primary School are seeking to appoint a PE/ Sports Apprentice for the academic year 2019/20.
The successful applicant will work in our school 4 days per week and will have one day a week of high-quality tuition and practical training with inspire+ at a localised training venue.
- This is a 40 hour per week contract, including college time, 52 weeks of the year
- The pay will be based at a minimum of £3.90 per hour
- You will be expected to work term time only
- In school you would be tasked with supporting and leading PE lessons, lunch and playtime activities, clubs and events to raise the profile of PE and School Sport in schools
- We will offer you mentor support in your school, excellent training opportunities and additional sports qualifications
- An Inspire+ tutor will support you throughout the year
- We are looking a special person who is enthusiastic and keen to inspire children through PE and Sport
- The post is subject to safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references
We are advertising in conjunction with Inspire+, an independent sports charity who are acting as a Training Provider for 1st4Sport NVQ Level 3 Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport apprenticeships. Both we and inspire+ are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Further information is available from the school office on (01780) 756236 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.