Midday Supervisory Assistant
Friskney All Saints Church of England (Aided) Primary School, Church End, Friskney, Boston, Lincs. PE22 8RD
We are looking for a friendly, adaptable and caring person with good communication skills to join our lunchtime team as soon as possible. The successful candidate will work alongside other support staff in encouraging pupils to play with others and to take part in activities as well as to help provide a safe environment for children to enjoy their break.
The main duties will be:
- Prepare the dining hall by setting out furniture, plates, cutlery, etc.
- To help serve food in the correct sized portions.
- To supervise children in the dining hall and on the playground, also controlling behavior.
- To administer basic first-aid for minor playground injuries.
- To record any incidents or injuries.
- Cleaning and tidying the dining hall and equipment.
The working hours for this role are 1.5hrs per day, Monday to Friday, 38 weeks per year.
We are ideally looking for:
- Someone with experience of working with children of primary school age, including children who may have additional needs.
- Someone who has the ability to encourage and inspire young people.
- Someone who is an effective team member and who understands a school’s role and responsibilities.
- Someone who already holds a Food Hygiene Certificate (although advantageous not essential).
Please contact Lesley Allen on 01754 820324 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or to arrange a familiarisation visit.
Details may also be found under the “About Us” tab and the “Job Vacancies” section at www.friskneyprimary.co.uk
Closing Date: 12:00 Noon on Friday 22 January 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 27 January 2021
Friskney School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check and employment references
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.