Medical and Learning Support Assistant
We are looking to appoint a male to this role. 'Section 9 (2)(b) of the Employment (Sex Discrimination) Act 2000 applies to this post’.
Carre’s Grammar School, Northgate, Sleaford NG34 7DD
35 hours per week, term time only
NJC 7-11 (£19,554 - £21,166) pro rata
An opportunity to join a successful Student Support team that welcomes initiative and a proactive approach.
We are seeking to appoint a male support assistant to provide personal medical care and learning support for a male student joining Year 7 in September 2020. Because of the intimate medical needs of the student we are only inviting male applicants to apply.
The appointed person will also be expected to support other students with their learning and pastoral needs as directed by the SENCO. Whilst previous experience of providing personal care is desirable, the successful completion of specialised training will be a requirement of this post.
Student Support at Carre’s Grammar School has a well-earned reputation for personalised additional needs provision and excellent pastoral care. You will be joining a small but highly effective team comprising of the SENCO supported by 3 experienced support assistants.
- We have our own dedicated learning support suite and provide both learning and pastoral support for students with additional needs, as well as universal provision to the wider school community.
- We are a community that values the contributions from all staff members and colleagues enjoy high levels of autonomy in fulfilling their professional roles.
- We value a proactive and creative approach to support that always has the best interests of the student at its heart.
- We believe in second chances. Each year, for our students, is a fresh page for growth and development.
- We are committed to our students achieving their full potential and will go the extra mile, or two, to help them get there. If you share our vision of student support, you are warmly encouraged to apply.
Regrettably, it is not possible to offer visits to our school during the COVID19 pandemic but you are very welcome to have an informal chat to the SENCO about this role: 01529 402226 (Tuesdays and Thursdays only).
Full details of this post are available on the school’s website at: http://www.carres.uk/site/default.asp
Completed applications are to be emailed to the Headteacher’s PA at: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org by:-
Closing Date - 12:00 midday on Friday 5 June 2020.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 15 June 2020.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health Guidelines
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.