Learning Support Assistant 1:1 (Temporary) for Key Stage Two
Cranwell Primary School, Cranwell, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 8HH
This post is a temporary contract beginning Monday 4 January 2021 until Wednesday 21 July 2021 to be reviewed regularly, whilst the child remains in school and/or external funding remains in place.
Hours of support could change depending upon the family circumstances and child’s needs which will be adjusted accordingly.
We are looking for outstanding practitioners who must:
- Hold an appropriate qualification, e.g.: NVQ 2/3 in Education/Teaching Assistant
- Achieved at least grade 5 (C Grade) GCSE Maths and English
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with high expectations to raise standards further for an individual child and where appropriate a small group of children
- Model and encourage positive active learning, promoting an ‘I can do’ attitude to personalised targets
- Display high levels of literacy, numeracy and ICT skills and have a passion for creativity
- Possess a good working knowledge of the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice, working closely with the SEND team through the assess/plan/do/review model and actively work as part of a team
- Have ability to work with a child with additional needs in a caring and sensitive way in partnership with the pupil, family and school to ensure the development of the pupil’s active learning
- Have a good understanding of supporting pupils with ASD and social, emotional and mental health needs
- Be able to lead socially speaking and friendship groups, helping to develop a greater confidence in building relationships as well as developing awareness of actions and consequences
- Have an awareness of supporting additional sensory needs
- Have a calming, patient attitude with excellent behaviour management skills
- Have a non-directive approach and be flexible to deviate when required and be able to pre-empt situations and act accordingly
We offer a warm, caring ethos, and supportive staff team who are committed to raising standards, with a supportive Governing Body.
Application Forms are only available electronically. Please contact
Mrs Tracey Bonfield, School Administrator. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 01400 659001
Closing date: 12:00 noon Tuesday 8 December 2020
Interviews: Week Commencing 14 December 2020. Due to Covid-19 restrictions social distanced interviews will take place.
Cranwell Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidates will be required to undertake a fully enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and appropriate health checks
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.