Higher Level Teaching Assistant
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Sandon Close, Grantham NG31 9AX.
St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Higher Level Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible (19289)
Salary Band 4 Starting Salary - £21,166 - £23, 836 per annum pro rata
Permanent (32.5 hours worked over 39 weeks)
Based at St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Grantham
We are seeking a proactive, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will join our team at St Mary’s. We are a small, caring, single form primary school which a strong focus on supporting children and their families. We are looking to appoint a classroom teaching assistant for 32.5 hours per week to support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning and will inspire our children to achieve their full potential.
The successful applicant will:
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Have good levels of subject knowledge in maths and English.
- Be able to challenge and inspire children by having high expectations.
- Be able to use high quality dialogue and high level questioning techniques to engage pupils in learning.
- Be passionate about working with children of all ages and abilities, including some of our most vulnerable pupils.
- Want to continue to learn and develop their own practice.
- Be a positive, optimistic and enthusiastic team player and role model.
- Be a creative thinker with a sense of humour.
- Provide regular, timetabled PPA and leadership cover for teachers across the primary age range.
- Run small group interventions to accelerate progress.
- Provide cover for when teachers are engaged in professional development opportunities.
- Support teachers in the classrooms.
In return we can offer:
- A pleasant working environment with like-minded dedicated and supportive colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Access to professional development
If you are interested in applying for the post, application packs are available from our website: - https://www.stl-cmat.org.uk/vacancies.
Applications must be submitted by 9th October 2020
Interviews will take place on 21st October 2020
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and returned to the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.