Role: Headteacher - Donington Cowley Endowed Primary School
Contract type: Full-time/Permanent
Salary: Group Size 2 ISR L15 - L21 with consideration given to a discretionary uplift for an exceptional candidate.
Number on Roll: 268
Job starts: 1st January 2022.
Closing Date for applications: midnight on 25th June 2021. You will be informed if you have reached the interview stage by 2nd July 2021
Assessment and Interviews: 12th/13th July 2021
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, we are looking for a committed, inspirational and ambitious Headteacher with a proven record of sustained school improvement to lead Donington Cowley Endowed Primary School.
The right candidate will have:
• A proven track record of ensuring high quality educational outcomes through strategic leadership;
• A commitment that creates an ethos in which children grow emotionally, socially and academically;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and is able to use these to
engage and to
motivate children, staff, parents and the wider community;
• The ability and drive to raise standards for all through a diverse and rich curriculum
• The courage to prioritise the needs of pupils above all else.
• A clear understanding of what a school needs to do to provide outstanding
education for its pupils.
• The skills to nurture partnerships between pupils, parents, staff, governors and the wider community.
We can offer you:
• A talented, dedicated staff team and a happy working environment with children who are eager to learn.
• A strong ‘family’ feeling where relationships are key to our values driven school.
• Pupils who work hard, achieve well and make good progress.
• A fully supportive governing body.
• An opportunity to build on your own professional strengths and develop as a leader.
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school by appointment. Please email
Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your visit.
We have prearranged dates before/after school for visits in line with COVID guidelines on:
Tuesday 15th June at 4:00 PM
Wednesday 16th June at 8:00 AM
Tuesday 22nd June at 4:00 PM
Wednesday 23rd June at 8:00 AM
To apply, please visit the school website, www.cowley.lincs.sch.uk for a recruitment pack. Applications should be completed in line with the personal specification and job description and forwarded to email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced background check by the Disclosure and Barring Service, employment references and medical clearance.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.