The Gainsborough Parish Church Primary School, Acland Street, Gainsborough, DN21 2LN
Salary L15 - L21
Contract Type - Permanent
Appointment Type - Full-time
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to lead our school in the heart of Gainsborough.
The Governors are looking for an inspirational, enthusiastic and motivated Headteacher.
The children and staff would like an empathetic, friendly, fair, well-organised and highly knowledgeable Headteacher who values and supports partnership working with everyone in our school community. We are looking for someone who will nurture the positive relationships and lead by example.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work with wonderful, enthusiastic children who are committed to their learning.
- Passionate and committed teaching and support staff who value professional development.
- A forward-looking, positive and knowledgeable governing body.
- A learning environment to enable children to be the best they can be.
- A vibrant church school in a unique setting, at the heart of our community.
You will need to have:
- The highest expectations for children’s attainment, personal development, welfare and behaviour.
- A will to promote our school's inclusive values and Christian ethos.
- A clear vision of excellence in primary education with the ability to think strategically and lead the school through the next exciting phase of its development.
- Proven leadership with evidence of understanding and embedding new initiatives to develop and enhance the curriculum.
- The ability to build on the current effective and well-structured school model.
- An understanding of effective leadership and an ability to develop and empower a team of highly motivated, passionate and dedicated staff.
- Openness to the advice and guidance of others.
- A desire to develop and nurture strong working relationships enabling pupils and adults to thrive and flourish.
If you are energetic, with the drive and passion to develop us both academically and pastorally, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Visits to our school are positively encouraged and welcomed, however will be subject to Covid-19 restrictions.
To book a visit, please contact Sharon Sehmi on email
Application packs are available on the school website
Completed application forms should be emailed to the Clerk to the Governors Sharon Sehmi Sharon.Sehmi@lincolnshire.gov.uk
Closing date: 09:00 am on Monday 17 May 2021
Interview date: Friday 21 May 2021 (depending on Covid-19 restrictions, interviews may be conducted online).
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.