Hawthorn Tree Primary School, Toot Lane, Boston, PE21 0PT
Contact Telephone: 01205 363031
Number on Roll: 375 Group size 3
Required for September 2021
Permanent, full time position, but a job share proposal would be considered.
The pupils, teachers and governors of Hawthorn Tree School are seeking to appoint an exceptional leader, who will ensure that every child receives an excellent all round education and is enabled to achieve their full potential.
- We are a ‘Good’ school, with aspirations to achieve ‘Outstanding’ status
- We are a UNICEF Rights Respecting School, having attained the Level 1 award
You would need to be:
- A committed leader with a proven record of raising standards and successful whole school improvement, at a time of educational change and financial challenges.
- An experienced leader who is able to take the initiative, empower individuals, and build and inspire strong teams.
- Someone with a passionate desire for excellence and the ability to be a role model with regard to developing and communicating the school’s ethos and vision.
- Resilient, with the ability to demonstrate strength of character and professionalism under pressure.
- Compassionate, showing empathy, and committed to ensuring safeguarding and the wellbeing of staff and pupils
- Dedicated to maintaining and enhancing partnerships with pupils, parents, governors and the wider educational network.
- Someone with the vision and skills needed to advance the school to the next level, building on current achievements.
You would benefit from:
- A ‘Good’ school with an inclusive family-orientated school ethos.
- A welcoming and vibrant learning environment in modern well maintained buildings.
- Happy, enthusiastic, engaged and well behaved pupils who enjoy learning.
- An outward looking school, with highly competent and dedicated staff who share practice, and who are committed to continuing professional development in order to raise standards.
- A skilled, multi-disciplinary team who support each other and all members of the school community
- A pro-active and supportive governing body
- A sound financial footing with first class budgetary control.
We welcome visits to the school from prospective applicants (subject to coronavirus restrictions). Please contact the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Application packs are available from the school website: http://www.hawthorntree.co.uk/
Closing Date: 12:00 noon 1 February 2021
Shortlisting: 2 - 5 February 2021
Interview date: 2 - 3 March 2021
Hawthorn Tree School has adopted the principles of safe interviewing and safeguarding and is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Candidates are required to meet the Fluency Duty.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure process and references will be requested prior to interview.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.