Deeping St James Community Primary School, Hereward Way, Deeping St James, PE6 8PZ
Number of Pupils: 213
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Commencing: September 2020
Chair of Governors Message:
We are incredibly proud of our school and wish to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and motivated Headteacher from September 2020 who will lead our thriving school into its next stage of success. We are a warm, welcoming and friendly school where pupils are passionate about learning, hardworking and well-behaved, with staff who are dedicated and fully embrace our school's ethos. The ideal candidate will share our school’s values, nurture positive relationships and lead by example.
We can offer:
• Passionate and committed teaching and support staff who value professional development
• The opportunity to work with wonderful, enthusiastic children who are committed to their learning
• A well-resourced, interactive learning environment to enable children to be the best they can be
• A forward-thinking, positive and supportive governing body
• An active Friends of the School Association with very supportive parents
• A supportive and innovative network of local primary school partners.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• A clear vision of excellence in primary education with the ability to think strategically
• The highest expectations for pupil attainment, personal development and welfare
• A track record of being an excellent classroom practitioner
• Excellent leadership skills with proven evidence of understanding and embedding new initiatives to develop and enhance the curriculum
• An understanding of effective management and the ability to develop and empower a team of highly motivated, passionate and dedicated staff
• An openness to the advice and guidance of others
• A desire to develop and nurture strong working relationships with pupils, staff, families and the wider school community.
We hope that you will apply for the opportunity to bring your talents, drive and compassion to DSJ School. If your application is successful, the Governing Body and the entire school community stands ready to support your efforts and do everything possible to help you succeed.
We warmly invite you to visit our school. To arrange a visit please contact our school office by emailing email@example.com or calling 01778 342314.
To apply, please complete an application form together with a covering letter outlining why you would like the post and how you would continue to develop and enhance the practices at the school. E-Mail: marcelle.Russell@dsj.school
Application packs are available from the school office Tel: 01778 342314 or
On the school website https://www.deeping-st-james.lincs.sch.uk/
Closing Date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 30th March 2020
Interviews Date will take place on Tuesday 21st April 2020
Our school is committed to safeguarding and appointments will be subject to satisfactory Enhance DBS clearance and other significant safeguarding checks. Deeping St James Community Primary School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.