St Botolph's C of E Primary School, Rookery Avenue, Quarrington, Sleaford Ng34 7FE
We wish to appoint a conscientious, enthusiastic and motivated School Bursar to support our current high performing team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working in a similar role
- Be confident with relevant Finance and Office admin software packages, including Business World
- Be highly motivated and be able to work using their own initiative
- Have ability to work with highly sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Be a team player and possess a good sense of humour
The role requires the successful candidate to:
- Be responsible for the school’s strategic planning and advise governors on the financial policy and development of the long-term financial strategy.
- Act as the main financial consultant and adviser to the Headteacher and Governors on the financial policy and development of the long term financial strategy
- Prepare annual estimates of income and expenditure
- Obtain agreement to the budget and monitor accounts against budget
- Monitor the annual budget and present regular management reports to the Headteacher and Governing Body
- Approve all purchase orders prior to commitment of expenditure and ensure best value
- Arrange purchase of all supplies and services for the school in accordance with the County Council’s financial regulations under the Delegated Management Scheme; ensuring optimum value is achieved.
- Obtain quotations, place orders and check deliveries.
- Deal with the full tendering procedure in some cases
- Negotiate and monitor contracts, tenders and agreements
- Responsible for the school’s procurement card including expenditure and reconciliation
- Responsible for support services – buybacks/SLAs
- Responsible for SFVS
- Oversee finance policies
- Responsible for monthly employee expense claims
- Secure bid based competitive funds
- Raise invoices to parents for the schools wrap around care
- Organise hot meals for the school
- Liaise with the PFI provider regarding school site maintenance
- Work with the Headteacher on general HR matters
To request an application pack or to arrange a pre-application visit please contact the school office on 01529 302698 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 10:00 am on Monday 17 May 2021
Interview Date: Monday 24 May 2021
In accordance with Ofsted requirements, all applicants must supply two references and provide full employment history and evidence to verify their eligibility to work in the UK. It is important to note that we are required to contact all previous employers that involved you working with young people and/or vulnerable adults in order to ascertain the reason for your leaving that employment. All posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure and Barring Service check.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.