Family & Student Pastoral Support Worker
Ambergate Sports College, Dysart Road, Grantham, NG31 7LP
Sandon School, Sandon Close, Grantham, NG31 9AX
Grantham Additional Needs Fellowship, Part of CIT (Community Inclusive Trust) a Multi Academy Trust
Ambergate Sports College and Sandon School, Grantham, Lincolnshire
Every second to be Valuable, Inspiring, Personalised
Salary: Grade 5.12 £17,646.96 pro rata (£20,903 FTE)
Contract type: Full Time, 37 hrs. per week – Term time only
Contract Term: Permanent
Start – September 2021
Grantham Additional Needs Fellowship comprises two Outstanding additional needs schools which cater for students with moderate to severe learning difficulties and complex needs.
These students are from the local community and across Lincolnshire. Ambergate and Sandon are also the founding schools of the quickly growing Community Inclusive Trust (CIT).
GANF is looking for a Family & Student Pastoral Support Worker.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- To lead GANF in setting the highest standard of safeguarding and pastoral support for pupils and their families.
- To provide a vital link between families and the agencies working with them.
- To promote the involvement of parents and families within aspects of school life.
- To organise regular parent forum meetings, sibling and family groups.
- To represent, as required, the school at Child Protection, Core Group, Children in Need, and Team Around the Family meetings, LAC and single agency support, chairing meetings as required.
- To complete necessary paperwork to gain support for families through the Early Help Assessment process.
- To work closely with other agencies to ensure that appropriate support is found and forthcoming
In return, we offer supportive staff and Governors with a proven track record in developing staff; the opportunity to gain further professional development and the chance to make a difference.
Closing date for applications 12:00 Noon Wednesday 30 June 2021
Interview date to be confirmed
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to references and an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.