EYFS/Class 1 Teacher
Teacher – St. Margaret’s C of E Primary School, Withern, LN13 0NB
Full-time Class Teacher for an EYFS/ Year 1 Class
Contract type: Temporary in the first instance, although the position has the potential to become permanent.
Salary: Newly qualified and experienced teachers are encouraged to apply.
As one of the top performing primary schools nationally, the pupils of this caring, rural primary school (number on roll: 74) are seeking a dedicated and motivated Class Teacher for a small mixed age class of enthusiastic children. Please state your preference and strengths in your application.
We are seeking an individual who:
- Is or can demonstrate the capacity to be, an outstanding teacher;
- Is able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents in a small school environment;
- Has a good sense of humour and is prepared to play a full part in the life of our school;
- Show a commitment to the overall vision, values and Christian ethos of the school;
- Have high expectations in all aspects of learning and behaviour;
- Be flexible and enjoy working as part of a team;
- Be hard working and passionate about engaging children in learning and overcoming barriers;
- Values professional development as a way of improving practice;
- Has good ICT skills;
- Has experience of working across year groups (this could include placements for NQTs).
In return the school can offer:
- A wonderful learning environment with a curriculum designed for ‘outdoor learning’;
- A very strong commitment to professional development;
- The potential to develop in the leadership of the school;
- A bespoke coaching programme unique to the school;
- A commitment to providing high quality education and experiences;
- A friendly, dedicated and collaborative staff team;
- The chance to work as part of the Kyra Teaching School Alliance;
- The opportunity to engage in research and to develop evidence based practice, as we are strongly linked to Kyra Research School, part of the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF)
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange a convenient time and for further information.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 30th April 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 4th May 2021
For further information, to arrange a visit or to receive an application pack, please contact: Mrs J Bullivant – School Administrator.
Telephone: 01507 450375
St. Margaret’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure along with other relevant employment checks. All references will be taken up before interview.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.