Welton St Mary’s C of E Primary Academy, School Drive, Welton, Lincoln. LN2 4WG
Leadership Range L4 –L9.
Permanent position: Required from April 2019 / September 2019 by mutual agreement.
‘Together we care, learn and thrive’ is lived out each day at Welton St Mary’s Church of England Primary Academy. Come and join our family and make a difference.
Welton St Mary’s Church of England Primary Academy is a welcoming, vibrant and inclusive, church school north of Lincoln. The Governors wish to appoint a Deputy Headteacher with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice who is child centred and will embrace and promote our Christian values. We are seeking an ambitious, inspirational and energetic professional with experience of leading teams, monitoring teaching and learning, and with experience of successfully leading improvement and raising standards. Our school community is highly valued by our families and staff and as a school we expect everyone to actively contribute to and promote our strong, positive ethos.
If you are a dynamic and inspirational leader with the capacity to grow and develop in the role; if you have initiative, constructive enthusiasm, a thorough knowledge of all key stages and the ambition to play a major role in the leadership and management of our school then we would love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will also:
- · Have a proven experience of positively impacting on student progress and raising attainment and developing excellence
- · Be fully committed to Welton St Mary’s Church of England Primary Academy’s ethos of high expectations
- · Have school leadership experience
- · Have the drive to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- · Be the Strategic Lead for RE and Collective Worship
· Have extensive experience in data management and assessment
- Have a passion for developing a curriculum which inspires lifelong learners
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with a good sense of humour
- Values teamwork
The role will initially have a 0.5 teaching commitment as well as supporting the Headteacher in driving forward whole school improvement priorities.
If you are passionate about improving outcomes for children and you are looking for an exciting and thoroughly rewarding opportunity, then this could be the job for you and therefore you could be the deputy headteacher for us. We very much look forward to receiving your application should you feel our ethos and vision are compatible with your own leadership ambitions.
If you would like to look around the school, please e-mail Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org stating which tour you would like to join:
1. Tuesday 15th January 2019 @ 2pm
2. Tuesday 15th January 2019 @ 4pm
3. Tuesday 22nd January 2019 @ 2pm
4. Wednesday 23rd January 2019 @ 4pm
Closing Date: Thursday 31st January 2019.
Interviews: Week commencing 11th February 2019.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.