Contract Officer - Fixed Term/Secondment
Lincolnshire County Council is currently recruiting for 2 experienced Contract Officers to work within the Council Commercial Team – People Services.
The Team is starting a transformational journey and as part of this we are seeking innovative people to fulfil this Fixed Term/Secondment opportunity within the contract management function. This opportunity provides a unique chance to experience the work of a highly influential team within the council.
Please note; this is a fixed term opportunity for external candidates and a temporary secondment opportunity for internal candidates.
About The Candidate
Candidates should possess the following skills and attributes;
- Ability to undertake work of a complex nature;
- Experience of contract management process and effective relationship management;
- Ability to measure outcomes and relevant performance indicators, review the performance of services and developing plans to improve service delivery;
- Experience in managing and building on customer feedback to drive service improvements;
- Awareness of return on investment models, market analysis, bench marking, supplier development, supply chain management, and market management;
- Able to adapt to new areas of work and take on tasks/duties outside his/her field of expertise competently recognizing when he/she requires professional support and supervision;
- Interpersonal and other skills and expertise that enables the post holder to operate at a senior level building relationships but also providing effective challenge often requiring sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Able to manage a substantial workload of matters some of which will be complex;
- Contributes positively to continuous improvement of commissioning;
- Enthusiastic within a team approach, be able to stay calm under pressure;
- Able to work as an integrated part of the wider Commercial Team, being supportive of colleagues and management.
- A Full Driving Licence and access to their own vehicle.
- It is desirable that applicants are procurement and commissioning professionals and are educated to degree level or equivalent – such as a Professional Qualification e.g. Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply).
Please read the attached Job Description for a more comprehensive picture.
About The Role
Reporting to the Strategic Commercial & Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will develop strong relationships with providers, colleagues and stakeholders to manage a portfolio of high value contracts. This requires you to have a highly organised and flexible approach to managing service priorities whilst meeting defined timescales. We will utilise your knowledge and experience to work in partnership with providers to improve service delivery through a structured yet supportive approach to contract management.
About the Team
The Commercial Team - People Services is responsible for the procurement and contract management of over 800 Adult Care and Community Wellbeing contracts and providers, with an extensive work programme planned for the next five years. This programme includes Adult Social Care Services, Public Health and support to Children's Services. The combined annual spend of this activity is over £300 million p.a. and represents a very diverse range of individual procurement, contract management and market development projects.
The Team is accountable for ensuring contracts are commissioned, procured, and managed in a way that ensures value for money whilst ensuring safe, effective and responsive services are delivered across Lincolnshire.
You will be based in Lincoln, in the heart of the city although the role also involves regular travel across Lincolnshire.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, supportive and growing team in a role that provides variety, challenge and an opportunity to drive positive change for the people of Lincolnshire.
About the Organisation
Lincolnshire County Council is one of the largest county councils in the UK and we are ambitious for both the people who work here and the residents of our county. We care about our staff so we want to offer you a competitive salary, generous holidays, excellent benefits package and access to our pension scheme. It is important to us that you have an excellent work/life balance and the opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills in a supportive Local Authority setting where no two days are ever the same!
At the heart of Lincolnshire is Lincoln City; famous for its stunning cathedral and impressive castle, which still functions as a court dispensing justice as it has for over 900 years. The medieval quarter is a great contrast to the lively and youthful feel of this vibrant University City. The county's historic market towns are steeped in history and brimming with life, our vibrant coast and areas of outstanding natural beauty make Lincolnshire the perfect place for your next career move.
For an informal discussion about this vacancy please contact Heather Lindley – Strategic Commercial & Procurement Manager Tel: 01522 843124 or email email@example.com
Please note the interviews will be held on 04/10/2019.
All candidates are advised to read the attached job information pack prior to making an application.
On occasion we receive significantly more applications than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We operate a 'Silver Medallist' talent pool scheme whereby candidates who are not successful on this occasion may be considered for a period of up to 3 months for similar positions.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.