Commercial and Procurement Manager - IT
Do you have experience of supplier relationship management of IT services and system providers in the Public Sector? Do you have a proven ability to influence Senior Managers and run compliant procurement projects? Are you looking for a busy new challenge where you will make a significant difference?
As one of the largest County Councils in the Country we have ambitious plans and our forward thinking Commercial Team share the same ambition.
We are seeking applications from exceptional candidates to join our Commercial Team to lead on developing the IT category. This team leads activity across the Council focusing on large infrastructure procurement and commercial projects which deliver value-for-money and fit-for-purpose contracts.
About the role
In this newly created role you will:
- Use your IT Procurement subject matter expertise to have an immediate impact in a fast paced, intelligent and multi-vendor environment;
- Build a 3 year IT Category Strategy and deliver expert Procurement service to the business;
- Lead the IT Procurement programme working closely with our IT colleagues; and
- Generate significant cost savings by executing commercially sound contracts whilst also securing longer-term benefits and strategic vendor partnerships with major and niche suppliers.
To be successful in this key role you will:
- Be an experienced IT Category Manager in the public sector;
- Possess a strong knowledge of a multi-vendor contracting environment, covering the full spectrum of IT delivery in an enterprise organisation: Networking (WAN/LAN), Cloud Services, End User Support Services, Telephony, Security, Software Licencing, etc.
- Have a proven ability to influence senior officers and build on the positive reputation of the Commercial Team;
- Be highly analytical, numerate, with strong report writing skills; and
- Have a proven track record of delivering cost savings, cost efficiencies, total cost of ownership improvement and continuous improvement.
A CIPS qualification is not essential for this role, but is preferred. Experience of public sector procurement is not essential but is preferred. Development in this area will be provided and is compulsory for the role.
What we can offer you
We are offering a competitive salary of £44,863 - £51,817 together with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday entitlement. In addition you will be joining an organisation which is committed to the growth and development of all its employees.
At the current time during the Coronavirus restrictions, all our employees are working from home if they are able to do so to support the health and safety of all of our colleagues. We are embracing new ways of working and we are anticipating that remote working will continue to be a key feature of this role. At the current time your contractual nominated work base will be Orchard House, Lincoln and once current restrictions are lifted you will be required to commute to this work base only when necessary.
Our technology platform and equipment is very good enabling you to connect and collaborate remotely. We require that you have in place good connectivity and we will discuss during the recruitment process if support with this is needed.
Before applying please read through all the supporting information to ensure you submit the best application possible.
For an informal discussion about this vacancy please contact Alex Botten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that this position may be subject to a criminal record check
All candidates are advised to read the attached job information pack prior to making an application.
On occasion we receive significantly more applications than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We operate a talent pool scheme whereby candidates who are not successful on this occasion may be considered for a period of up to 3 months for similar positions.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.