Clerk to the Governors
Ingham Primary School, The Green, Ingham, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. LN1 2XT.
Pay Grade 4, Scale points 9 – 12, £19,171 – £20,344 (pro rata, equated pay).
39 weeks a year (term time only), 3 hours a week.
Part time, permanent post – approximately 130 hours per year.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic Clerk to Governors who can provide high level advice, support and administrative assistance to the Governing Body of Ingham Primary School.
The successful candidate will join our hardworking, professional and supportive team and will arrange meetings and take minutes, keep accurate and thorough records and, with the support of the LA, advise on legal, procedural and constitutional matters concerning the governance of our school.
We need someone who:
- Has an interest in and knowledge of education and is reliable and able to observe confidentiality requirements;
- Will work with the school’s Headteacher to manage a yearly timetable of statutory policy reviews and key agenda items;
- Has good IT and communication skills and has access to and the ability to use Microsoft Office packages and a dedicated email address;
- Is able to take accurate minutes from their own notes, produce well presented minutes for distribution and collate and distribute agendas and associated paperwork in a timely manner in advance of meetings;
- Is proactive;
- Is available to take minutes at all meetings throughout the academic year (normally approximately 12 meetings per year during term time. These meetings are held after school predominantly on Wednesday evenings commencing at 6:30pm.
At Ingham Primary School we regard our Clerk to Governors as an integral part of our staff and Governing Body team and we expect them to both support the Governing Body, ensuring effective links and communication between Lincolnshire County Council, other agencies and Governing Bodies and to disseminate information efficiently and effectively. We also expect the successful candidate to liaise effectively with the Headteacher.
In return, we will provide:
- Professional development;
- Opportunities to develop your skills;
- A strong team of colleagues;
You can find further information about this post on the school website at www.ingham.lincs.sch.uk/vacancies.
Closing Date: Friday 1st November 2019.
Interviews: Friday 8th November 2019.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.