Clerk to Governors
Swinderby All Saints C of E Primary School, High Street, Swinderby, Lincoln. Lincolnshire. LN6 9LU.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic Clerk to Governors who can provide high level advice, support and administrative assistance to the Governing Body of Swinderby All saints C of E Primary School.
The successful candidate will join our hardworking, professional and supportive team and will arrange meetings and take minutes, keep accurate and thorough records and, with the support of the LA, advise on legal, procedural and constitutional matters concerning the governance of our school.
We need someone who:
- Has an interest in and knowledge of education and is reliable and able to observe confidentiality requirements;
- Will work with the school’s Head teacher to manage a yearly timetable of statutory policy reviews and key agenda items;
- Has good IT and communication skills and has access to and the ability to use Microsoft Office packages and a dedicated email address;
- Is able to take accurate minutes from their own notes, produce well-presented minutes for distribution and collate and distribute agendas and associated paperwork in a timely manner in advance of meetings;
- Is proactive;
- Is available to take minutes at all meetings throughout the academic year (normally approximately 12 meetings per year during term time. These meetings are held after school predominantly on Wednesday evenings commencing at 6:00pm.
At Swinderby All Saints C of E Primary School we regard our Clerk to Governors as an integral part of our staff and Governing Body team and we expect them to both support the Governing Body, ensuring effective links and communication between Lincolnshire County Council, other agencies and Governing Bodies and to disseminate information efficiently and effectively. We also expect the successful candidate to liaise effectively with the Head teacher. In return, we will provide:
- Professional development;
- Opportunities to develop your skills;
- A strong team of colleagues.
You can find further information about this post on the school website at https://www.swinderbyallsaints.co.uk/current-vacancies/.
Closing Date: Friday 13th December 2019 12 noon.
Interviews: Wednesday 18th December 2019.
Swinderby All Saints School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barred List check and medical clearance.
Written references will be taken up at shortlisting stage prior to interview.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.