New Leake Primary School, Fodderdyke Road, New Leake, Boston, Lincs PE22 8JB
CLEANER – NEW LEAKE PRIMARY SCHOOL (with key holder duties)
Salary Range G1-2– £17,364 - £17,711) pro rata (starting grade equates to about £9 per hour).
To start Summer Term 2020 - 11 ¼ hours per week term time (3.45 p.m. – 6.00 p.m. with possible flexibility over start and finish time) 41 weeks per year, (term time + 3 weeks additional weeks spread across the school holidays and including INSET days). Subject to a six month probationary period.
New Leake Primary School needs an enthusiastic, school cleaner to join the team at our delightful primary school. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision and work under pressure, be flexible when necessary and work to tight deadlines.
We have wonderful children and highly committed staff who strive to make our school friendly and welcoming. The role of cleaner is valued and a key member of the school team. Previous school experience is welcome but not essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be a key holder responsible for locking up and securing the premises, including the setting of the burglar alarms.
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of the premises, working in conjunction with the caretaker who also works at the school but on the morning shift.
- Liaise with the School Business Manager and caretaker with regards to any issues.
- Work effectively with the caretaker to ensure a clean and safe school.
- Act in a professional and confidential manner at all times.
- Have excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards, have a strong work ethic, be highly organised and dedicated to the role
- Be a flexible member of the school team, attending meetings as required or undertaking additional duties that may arise from time to time.
- Subject to enhanced DBS and satisfactory references
To obtain an application pack, please visit our website www.new-leake.lincs.sch.uk or
Contact Mrs. Shirley Yarnall, School Business Manager on (01205 270285) or
By email email@example.com Visit to the school is welcomed.
Should you wish to look around the schools please call (01205 270285)
Closing date:- Monday 20th April 2020
Interviews will be Wednesday 29th April 2020
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.