Class Teacher KS2
Metheringham Primary School, Prince's Street, Metheringham, Lincoln, LN4 3BX
KS2 Class teacher
Full time permanent
Metheringham Primary School is a happy and supportive village school with 262 pupils on roll. Metheringham is located between Lincoln and Sleaford with good public transport via train and bus services.
We are looking to appoint a teacher to join our experienced KS2 team. This post would be most suited to newly qualified teachers or teachers in the first 2 years of their career. We have a very experienced staffing team who will be able to offer support and mentoring to the successful applicant.
Our school is a warm, friendly, welcoming and supportive place with a wonderful staffing team and delightful and well-behaved pupils.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is enthusiastic and committed to high standards in all aspects of their role
- Is self-motivated and shows initiative
- Has the ability to establish good relationships and to inspire learning
- Is creative, flexible and well organised
- Is able to work as part of a team to achieve the very best for everyone in school
- Is positive and has a good sense of humour.
In return we offer:
- Supportive, experienced and committed colleagues who work effectively as a team
- Wonderful pupils who have a desire to learn
- A strong inclusive ethos where everyone is valued
- Opportunities to make a contribution to the life of the whole school
- CPD opportunities to ensure that you are successful
- A very supportive and involved Governing Body.
Limited after school visits can be accommodated (PPE and distancing measures will be in place). Alternatively, we are happy to discuss this post by telephone on 01526 320039. Please ask to speak to the Headteacher, Elspeth McMenemie.
To request an application pack, please contact Mrs Lee Evans our school administrator on 01526 320039 or via email on email@example.com
Further information about our school can be found on our school website at www.metheringhamprimary.co.uk
Closing date: 23:57 Friday 12 March 2021.
Interviews will take place the week beginning 29 March 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and employment references.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.