Class Teacher/Key Stage 2 Leader
Ancaster Church of England Primary School, Mercia Drive, Ancaster, Grantham, NG32 3QQ
Class Teacher/Key Stage 2 Leader
Main Scale+TLR2a (permanent and Full Time)
Required: 1st September 2021
As our school continues to grow and thrive, The SLT and Governors are delighted to be seeking a dynamic teacher and phase leader who wants to take on a brand new leadership challenge. For the first time, we have established a new tier of middle leadership within our staffing structure which brings with it an opportunity for you to continue to develop and grow as a Class Teacher and Leader. As well as having a class responsibility, you will also lead the core subject of maths alongside the wider responsibility of Key Stage 2 to coordinate the operational running of the phase; ensuring educational outcomes are the best they can be.
We are seeking someone who:
- Is an experienced, dedicated and creative classroom practitioner
- Has a passion for leadership and is keen to develop themselves in order to develop Senior Leadership responsibilities
- Has experience of subject leadership and is able to competently and confidently lead the subject of mathematics across the school
- Is an ambitious, energetic member of the school team
- Has an uncompromising passion for teaching and learning
- Is motivated, enthusiastic and imaginative
- Has the ability and determination to inspire and motivate children to achieve highly and lead others to success
As part of this role, you will:
- Plan and deliver creative and high-quality engaging lessons around the National Curriculum and our own bespoke curriculum
- Have experience of successful teaching within multiple year groups of Key Stage 2
- Fully support the vision, mission and values of the school and promote the highest levels of achievement within class
- Be a fully committed and active leader of your phase team
- Work as part of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure high quality provision is in place for all children across the key stage.
Our offer to you:
- Happy children that are excited to learn
- A fantastic, forward thinking and knowledgeable staff team
- A nurturing and supportive ethos driven by our motto ‘be the best you can be’
- A commitment to creativity across the curriculum
- Ongoing leadership support from the wider Senior Leadership Team
- Dedicated weekly leadership release time
- A commitment to continue developing you professionally e.g. SLE, External LA Moderator etc
At Ancaster, we invest in the development of our staff in order to work towards excellence in the classroom or future leadership. We are proud to host system leaders within our team and are keen to further expand the support we are able to offer within the wider educational context. If you feel that you’re the person we are looking for, we are keen to hear from you.
Visits to the school will be available to discuss the position on a 1:1 basis with a member of the SLT and with social distancing measures being adhered to throughout the visit. Our school website has a virtual tour which will allow you to visit each area of the school and is an effective way to see the school prior to applying for this post.
Closing date for application is 9:00 am on Friday 30 April 2021.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021.
If you wish to apply for this post, please visit our school website and click on the following page http://www.ancasterprimary.org.uk/Vacancies.asp where you will be able to access the Application Form. Should you have any questions about the role, wish to book a visit or submit your application- all correspondence can be sent to email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory employment references.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.