Childcare Assistant (Little Oaks Nursery)
Infinity Academies Trust, Wyberton Primary Academy, Saundergate Lane, Wyberton, Boston, Lincolnshire. PE21 7BZ.
Childcare Assistant for Little Oaks Nursery.
40 hours per week, 39 weeks per year. Fixed term contract from 6th January 2019 to cover maternity leave.
Salary Scale: G3.6 – G3.9 (£17,253 - £18,310 actual salary).
We are looking to appoint an experienced, childcare assistant to work in Little Oaks Nursery at Wyberton Primary Academy, to cover maternity leave. The setting provides wrap around care for school and nursery children and nursery places for children from 3 years of age between the hours of 8am – 5.30pm. Working hours may vary Monday – Friday, but will be the same each week.
- to assist in the day to day organisation of the childcare provision
- to support in maintaining accurate, up to date records to fulfil Ofsted and legal requirements
- contribute to the planning and preparation of high quality care and education for all who attend
- contribute to the planning and preparation of activities throughout the setting and the ongoing assessment of children’s progress
- to work with parents/carers and outside agencies to provide a caring environment for the children
Knowledge and Skills
- NVQ Level 3 in appropriate childcare
- An understanding of good quality childcare and development
- Ability to plan and provide safe, creative play opportunities
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to meet children’s individual needs
- Good understanding of safeguarding children
Closing Date: 31st October 2019.
Interviews: 7th November 2019.
The school has a clear commitment to Child Protection and Safeguarding Children. All appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check as well as other routine recruitment checks.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.