Business and Operations Partner
Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust
Branston Church of England Infant Academy, Beech Road, Branston, LN4 1PR
The Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust is a multi-academy trust formed by the Diocese of Lincoln.
We are a growing and thriving family of schools who are dedicated to providing an excellent education for pupils across Lincolnshire.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team and provide support to one or more of our Schools within the Trust. Your own transport and a willingness to travel to other sites as required will be essential.
You will be responsible for overseeing the finance and administration, HR, estates, IT and procurement functions that take place at school level in line with LAAT policies and procedures. The Business and Operations Partner will be a key member of the School team, working closely with the School leadership on site to provide an operational service at individual school level
You may be an experienced School Business Manager or have experience of working in an operational support role with a strong focus on the financial and operational planning required to support Schools.
Our staff are proactive and forward thinking and this role represents an excellent opportunity for career development. We have a strong network of Business and Operations Partners within the Trust who meet regularly with the central services team to share best practise and collaborate for the benefit of all our c3000 pupils. The central team consists of professional and experienced Finance, HR, Governance, Premises and School development staff.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of working in a finance role in the education sector
- An understanding of the key financial controls, strategic planning and budgetary management required in a School
- Holds an SBM qualification/equivalent or experience in a similar post
- Knowledge of safeguarding and safer recruitment practises in line with KCSIE
- The ability to oversee the implementation of central HR policies and procedures and maintain the School’s Single Central Record
- An awareness of Health and Safety requirements in a School
- An understanding of and empathy with the Christian values of the organisation
- The aspiration to keep children at the heart of all their decisions
We can offer you:
- A supportive and dynamic team
- A varied and exciting role with opportunities to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Opportunities for continuous professional development and salary progression throughout the grade
- An exciting prospect to have influence in a growing Multi Academy Trust
- The chance to support transformation for pupils and families across greater Lincolnshire
Access to the local government pension scheme is available along with various employee benefits which will be discussed at interview
Should you wish to discuss this post or express an interest please contact Leanne Holmes, Finance and Operations Director on 07729 525484.
Completed applications should be sent to Laura Lowe email@example.com
Closing Date: 12:00 Noon Friday 22nd January 2021
Interview dates: TBC
To Start – As soon as possible
The Trust promotes diversity and wants a workforce which reflect Christian Value. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.