The Meadows Primary School, Calder Road, Lincoln, LN5 9BB
We require an efficient and dedicated Administrative Assistant to join our friendly and caring Primary School, providing support to our hard working and creative team. You will be working in our busy school office and the ability to work accurately under pressure whilst continuing to smile is essential. The post is for 18 hours per week (4 mornings: 8.30 am – 1.00 pm) for 39 weeks per year (ie: term time plus 5 INSET days, which may be twilight sessions or full days).
As the first point of contact, it is important that the successful applicant has excellent inter-personal skills to interact positively with all members of our school community. The successful candidate will play a key role in welcoming people to our school. They will need to have a positive attitude and a willingness to adapt to situations as they arise.
We are seeking an individual who:
- Has excellent written and oral interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Can multi-task and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines and the needs of the school.
- Can work on their own initiative, whilst working as part of a team.
- Is understanding and can maintain confidentiality.
- Has a good standard of English and Mathematics.
- Has experience of using the full range of Microsoft Office applications and good keyboard skills.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Is committed to helping us to promote the positive ethos of our school.
Whilst previous experience would be desirable, it is not essential as training will be given.
At The Meadows we can offer:
- Support for Continuing Professional Development
- A proven track record with staff development
- Children who are happy, well motivated and enjoy school.
- A forward thinking staff team who work together to embrace new initiatives to drive school improvement.
- Staff and Governors who are enthusiastic and committed to providing stimulating learning experiences.
- Strong links with external agencies and good relationships with parents and the wider community.
Application packs can be downloaded from the school’s web-site at www.themeadows.lincs.sch.uk.
Visits to the school are welcome on 15 and 17 June 2021 by prior arrangement.
Please submit your completed application form by no later than: Tuesday 22 June 2021
Interviews will be held w/c 28 June 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.