1:1 Teaching Assistant
St George’s CE Community Primary School, Lindsey Close, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, DN21 1YN.
The Headteacher and Governing body are looking to appoint highly motivated, flexible, experienced and inspirational Teaching Assistants to join our team to commence2 November 2020.
We are looking for creative and caring practitioners who have a commitment to providing quality educational provision.
This is 2 temporary contracts in Key Stage 2 for 20 hours per week 8.45am to 12.45pm Monday to Friday and 1 temporary contract for 30 hours per week in Kesy Stage 1, 8.45am to 3.25pm depending on the needs of the pupil changing or the pupil leaving the school.
It is crucial that you are sensitive to the needs of the individual child in order to ensure these needs do not inhibit their access to all aspects of school life and their progress in all areas.
There will be opportunities for professional development and the chance to build a wide range of skills in classroom pedagogy, supporting individual children’s learning and their all-round development amongst a wonderful staff group with excellent experience.
The successful application will be expected to:
- Provide support for the child’s additional needs throughout the morning;
- Work towards the outcomes of the pupil’s Education Health Care Plan;
- Follow and implement provision plans including programmes from outside agencies;
- Prepare resources and teaching materials;
- Liaise with class teacher and SENDCo
- Liaise with outside agencies and parents, under the guidance of the class teacher and SENDCo
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with pupils, staff, parents and other professionals;
- A drive to ensure children receive the appropriate support to achieve their potential;
- Experience of working in a similar role;
- The ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- A willingness to learn and develop existing skills;
- A sense of humour;
- A willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
In return, we will provide:
- An extremely strong and supportive team of colleagues;
- Professional development;
- An excellent atmosphere and work environment.
Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please complete an application form and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or post to:
Mrs K Barry
St George’s CE Community Primary School
Applications close at midday on 28.9.20
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.