1:1 Teaching Assistant
Cliffedale Primary School, Northcliffe Road, Grantham, NG31 8DP.
Job location: Grantham
Salary: Grade 3 - £18,065 - 19,171 (pro rata)
Job Type: Temporary 1:1 contract which will end when the child leaves the school or the funding ceases – whichever is sooner.
Appointment Type: 32.5 hours a week (5 days per week) Term Time
Contact Name: Miss Ramona Honour, Bursar
Phone Number: (01476) 568740
Email Address: email@example.com
Website address: www.cliffedale.org
Closing Date: Midnight Friday 2nd October 2020
Start date: As soon as possible
Cliffedale Primary School is seeking to appoint an outstanding 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work with a KS2 pupil with an EHC plan. The child requires support with Autism and Emotional and Behavioural needs, as well as general learning difficulties.
Key roles would include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned, to enable him/her to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
- Monitor the pupil’s response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- Give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain the pupil’s efforts and develop self-reliance and self-esteem.
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- To help, support and motivate the child, clarifying instructions, encouraging independent learning and behaviour and enabling learning targets and outcomes to be achieved
- To support class teachers to design, create and produce learning activities, materials and resources to support aspects of the curriculum or particular learning outcomes, and to assist and support the child in using them
- To establish a supportive, caring and secure relationship with the child, promoting respect, self-esteem and a positive, inclusive whole school ethos
We are looking for someone who can:
- Have the ability to manage children's behaviour
- Support the school’s agreed policies and procedures for behaviour and safeguarding
- Show confidence in supporting children in their learning and their play
- Work as part of a team
- Have high expectations of children, colleagues and self
- Be enthusiastic, well-motivated and fully willing to support school life
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and empathy with children
- Be committed to helping children overcome barriers to learning
- Show creative flare, plenty of energy and a good sense of humour
- Be flexible
Recent primary school-based experience is required as well as an understanding of supporting children with specific needs to support their learning, behaviour, social inclusion as well as their social and emotional development. Qualifications to NVQ level 2 or 3 in childcare and educational support will be an advantage but are not essential.
The person who is appointed to this post will need to be calm, caring and able to build a warm relationship in a 1:1 situation.
We can offer:
- Well-behaved, respectful and motivated children who are eager to learn
- A warm and welcoming school with a nurturing ethos
- A talented and caring staff team committed to bringing out the best in children and each other
- A school with high expectations and the drive to improve
- Supportive parents and governors
Visits to Cliffedale are unfortunately unable to happen whilst we are restricting access to school to minimise the risk of infection, however please do get in touch with school via phone or email to gather more information about the role and the school.
Interviews will be held via Zoom on Thursday 8th October 2020.
Cliffedale Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants should note that this post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance and references taken before interview.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK.
When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly.
When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.