1:1 Teaching Assistant
St Hugh’s School, Cromwell Avenue, Woodhall Spa, LN10 6TQ
Required from October 2019
We wish to recruit an outstanding 1:1 Teaching Assistant who would like to join our dedicated team and contribute to ensuring our school continues to flourish. At St Hugh’s we are passionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning across our school. Our ultimate aim is to provide children with access to a broad range of experiences and challenges so that every child reaches their full potential.
Our ideal candidate will
• Have experience of working with children with additional learning needs;
• Have experience of working with children with sensory processing difficulties and social, emotional and mental health difficulties;
• Have a speech and language qualification (ELKLAN is desirable);
• Be a great team player who is an effective communicator and can work successfully in collaboration with others;
• Be dedicated to inspiring and enabling children to flourish despite their challenges. Your dedication is paramount to their success;
• Be motivated, flexible, possess strong interpersonal skills, use their own initiative and have a keen sense of humour;
• Be able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children;
• Have an NVQ2 qualification and or equivalent GCSE Maths and English at C+.
We can offer you
• An attractive, well-resourced working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
• A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
• Happy children with a passion for learning.
Term time Full time role: Hours: Mon – Friday 0800 – 1530.
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th August 2019
Interview Dates: Wednesday 4th September or Friday 6th September 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to checks including DBS and references.
St Hugh’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Consequently an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for this post.
Salary according to qualifications and experience of the appointee. Start date October 2019 or ASAP.
Please complete an application form and a CV together with the names of 2 referees who we may contact before interview and send it to Mr J. Wyld.
For further information please contact Kate Waite on email@example.com or 01526 352169.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.