1:1 Teaching Assistant
Weston Hills CofE Primary School, Learning Lane, Weston Hills, Spalding, Lincs. PE12 6DL
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic teaching assistant with a minimum qualification of Cache Level 3 Award in Education, to support a child who has an EHCP. Post to start 9th September 2019 or as soon as possible after.
TA1, Salary scale G3, Point 6-9 (FTE £18,065-£19,171) pro rata and equated, 39 weeks per annum
The post is temporary until assistance is no longer required and/or upon successful completion of a six month probationary period or as a result of the child/children leaving the school, whichever is the earliest.
We can offer you:
- A caring school environment with a creative curriculum
- A friendly supportive team where everyone’s views are valued
- Training and support for professional development
- Enthusiastic, happy children who are eager to learn
The role will involve:
- Working 1:1 and in small groups to provide support for additional needs, enhance development and facilitate inclusion
- Liaising with parents, class teacher and the SENCO
- Working in partnership with a range of external agencies
- Facilitating the implementation of the child’s EHCP
We need someone who:
- Has experience of supporting pupils with specific learning needs
- Has experience of working in Key Stage 2
- Is resilient and able to cope with the physical demands that these posts will bring
- Works in a calm, caring but firm and supportive manner
- Can recognise that children need to develop independence to allow them to build on life skills
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries, or telephone 01406 380309.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 28th August 2019
Date for interviews: w/c 2nd September 2019
Weston Hills CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position is subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Clearance.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.