1:1 Teaching Assistant (2 x part time posts)
Navenby C of E Primary School, East Road, Navenby, Lincolnshire. LN5 0EP.
Pay Grade 3 point 6.
The governors are seeking to appoint two 1:1 Teaching Assistants. The first post is for 18.75 hours a week (8.45am-12.30pm) and the second is for 17.5 hours per weeks (12.15pm- 3.45pm).
We are looking for a start date in the new year but this will be arranged with the successful candidates. The position will be temporary for the needs of the child but would end by the end of the academic year 2021.
At Navenby Church of England Primary School, we regard all our Teaching Assistants as an integral part of our Teaching Team. We are looking for an outstanding Teaching Assistant who is friendly and adaptable and who enjoys using their initiative, is keen to develop pupils’ learning and willing to get involved in the wider life of the school. Professional development is available and will be encouraged.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Experience of working with children in KS2, supporting pupils of varying abilities;
- A love for supporting children’s progress by helping to plan appropriate learning opportunities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with pupils, staff, parents and other professionals;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a supportive team;
- A willingness to learn and develop existing skills;
- A sense of humour;
- Willingness to ‘go the extra mile’;
- Experience of working with children who have an EHCP for social and emotional targets.
In return, we will provide:
- Professional development;
- A very strong team of colleagues in a supportive working environment;
- A caring Church Schools ethos.
Applications should be made in writing to Mr Craig Elliott, Head Teacher in a letter outlining your interest and what you can offer us; as well as a Lincolnshire County Council application form. Alternatively, please contact Mrs R Howard, School Bursar for further information.
Closing Date for applications is midnight 12th December 2019.
Interviews will be held on 16th December 2019.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should note that this post is subject to enhance DBS clearance and references.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.